Monday, July 21, 2008

Getting From Here To There.

|t r a v e l l i n g |

Fuel price hike : Ridiculous flight ticket prices (fair enough).
Longer flights : More Fuel
Shorter flights : Less Fuel.

But... Why are we paying the same amount if not more for shorter flights?
I jumped out of bed, straight to the computer just to scribble this down. 
Don't get me wrong, I just wonder, not interrogating about this issue. 

I paid for :
Return Flight Kuala Lumpur - London       (13 hours) : RM 3800.
Return Flight Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne (7 hours  ) : RM 3600

p/s:  I wouldn't mind paying RM 200 to go for the extra 7500 km.
The winner :  Malaysian Airlines System
The Loser   :  Me and will always be me. haaaaaaaa

|f u t u r e |

Have you ever sat down at one corner of your room, lighting a cigarette, letting your thoughts fly to Pluto : )    and BANG! back down again hitting the hard surface of Earth. Reality hits you hard doesn't it? 

So yeah, I was thinking, here I am, starting yet another long semester of architecture at school. Not knowing what the f u t u r e holds for me, questioning whether this path which I chose will promise a bright future and hopefully success. Of course its safe to say that the route taken  is worth every step, but I believe that behind every successful person there was a breakthrough moment which made them twist/ bend their destiny which in the end turned into a successful career. There must be a highlight in their career which made them successful.

I fear the possibilities of not reaching what could be reached, the goals which I dream which in the end could not be scored. 

Writing this, having fear, made me realize that it is actually something positive, because fear demands respect, and having respect in what I do and believe in drives me away from failing.

By the end of the day, everyone holds grip to the old saying, ''hard work does pay off'', in my case I hope, Big Time. 

One should never be scared of failing, just have the right frame of mind and pick yourself up and keep it going. Life's too short, getting from here to there is never easy, just hold on tight and enjoy the ride. 

p/s : I hate rollercoaster rides, but I'm all up for my life's rollercoaster.





1 comment:

LilyJoe said...

Life is a rollercoaster built to crash but knowing you, you are capable of anything and everything. Mark my words, one day you will be known for something! :)